Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Coronary heart disease
- Blood pressure checks
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive services - for more information see the seperate tab above
- Child health & imunisations
- Drug & alcohol advice
- Maternity services - midwife clinics are held at Brampton Cottage Hospital on Tuesdays and Thursdays and at Corby Hill Surgery on a Wednesday between 09:10 and 12:10. You can make an appointment by telephoning Brampton Medical Practice on 016977 2551.
- Minor operations - including vasectomy, nasal cautery, mole removal. All the doctors are able to undertake cryocautery, excision of various small lumps and bumps (such as skin tags), removal of ingrowing toenails, aspiration of fluid from joints and tissue, and injections into joints.
- Smoking cessation
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including flu and travel.
- Weight & diet advice
- Well man/well woman
- Minor Injuries clinic -Before attending A&E please consider whether your minor injury could be dealt with in the surgery.The following issues might be manageable at the surgery, alternatively we will be able to advise when a trip to A&E is necessary:
Lacerations (cuts) capable of closure by simple techniques (stripping, gluing, suturing) Significant soft tissue injury (twisted ankles etc.) Minor dislocations (fingers/toes) Foreign bodies in the eye, recent superficial eye injury Minor head injuries - where there has been no loss of consciousness Burns and scalds – more severe injuries will need to be sent to the hospital
Any injuries and wounds over 48 hours old should be dealt with through normal primary care services
- NHS Health check clinic
- Non-scalpel Vasectomy