When We Are Closed
If you have a life threatening medical emergency dial 999
If you require urgent medical attention which cannot wait until the surgery reopens please dial 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk to access the out of hours service.
If you are concerned about a child under 5 please use the 111 phone service which is free to call from landlines and mobiles.
If you wish to cancel a weekend appointment at CHoC please telephone 03000 247 247.
What is the NHS 111 Service?
- A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call and the capacity of the local service.
When should I use the NHS 111 Service?
- When its not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999 call
- When visiting your own GP isnt an option, for instance when the GP Practice is closed or you are away from home
- When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you require
- When you require reassurance about what to do next