**PRESCRIPTION COLLECTION HUB RELOCATION - MONDAY 13TH JULY**
We will be moving our collection hub out of William Howard School to our new Collection Hub located at the end of the old White Lion, Brampton. This is opposite the back door of the surgery; please follow the signs to the entrance at the rear of the building.
Hours have been extended - Monday to Friday 8am to 6:30pm and Saturday’s 8am to 10:45am.
This is for collections previously from at Brampton and Corby Hill surgeries only.
Please continue to collect from William Howards School until this date, Monday to Friday 10am and 4pm and Saturday 8am to 10:45am.
Wetheral collections will continue at the Wetheral surgery Monday to Friday 8:30am to 11:30am and 2pm to 6pm through the front door only.
Wetheral update – prescriptions only Updated 9.6.20
From Monday 15th June all prescriptions previously collected from Wetheral will be moved back and no longer available at William Howard School. All ordered medications will be moved. Enter through the front door only. Monday to Friday 8:30-11:30am and 2-6pm. Brampton and Corby Hill prescription collections will remain at William Howard School until further notice.
Please remember do not come to collect any prescriptions if you have a new continuous cough, fever or loss/change in taste or smell.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - Updated 19.05.2020
The latest guidance from the Department of Health states:
If you have any of the following symptoms you should self-isolate for 7 days.
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you feel unwell - defined as being unable to carry our your regular activities - and have a fever, cough or loss/change in smell or taste you should contact NHS 111 or go online to https://111.nhs.uk
Please do not contact the practice unless advised by NHS 111.
Following guidance from NHS England and to protect our patients and staff there is no longer any walk-in access to the practice unless you are collecting certain prescriptions - see below.
All appointments must be pre-booked by calling our Reception on 016977 2551 or online. Please help us by providing the reason for your appointment to allow us to determine if this can be booked immediately or triaged by a GP. Appointments will be allocated only if face to face patient care is clinically required.
Demand for medication remains very high. Please note the following information for all patients
- Please do not request medication "just in case" or for longer periods than your usual prescription.
- All medication for Dispensing patients who previously collected from our Brampton, Wetheral or Corby Hill branches is now collected from our Hub at William Howard School in Brampton between 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 10:45am on Saturdays.
- There will be a very small number of exceptions to this where patients will be contacted by the Dispensary to collect their medication from Brampton surgery. Please do not come to Brampton surgery to collect medication unless you are first contacted by us.
- Please allow 7 clear days for your medication to be dispensed.
- We know that many patients are concerned about delivery of their medication and we have experienced a huge increase in requests for delivery. We have now established a volunteer delivery service which is in place from Monday 30th March 2020.
As this is reliant on volunteers please do not request this service unless absolutely necessary and priority will be given to patients in Very High Risk groups as identified by government letters. Other options for medication collection are family, friends or neighbours who may be bringing you other essentials and also the various national and community volunteer groups.
If you are asking someone else to collect your medication they will need to know
- Your name and address
- Date of Birth
- How many items you are expecting
- Whether you pay for your prescription or what your exemption - this is the box you would normally tick on the back of your prescription.
ASSESSMENT "RED" CENTRE
During the current COVID-19 outbreak, patients experiencing certain symptoms (breathing issues/fever) and who have been telephone assessed by a GP as needing face to face examination will be called for assessment at our "Red" centre sited at Brampton War Memorial Hospital.
Click here https://northcumbriaccg.nhs.uk/contact-us/coronavirus-information/local-hubs-information to find out more about where to go and what it will feel like when you arrive. There is also a short film and animation to explain to children why it looks different to what they are used to seeing at the practice.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE RED ASSESSMENT CENTRE UNLESS ADVISED TO DO SO BY A GP.
Welcome to Brampton Medical Practice
Welcome to the Brampton Medical Practice website.
The Practice operates over three sites - Brampton Medical Practice, Corby Hill and Wetheral.
We hope you will quickly benefit from our user friendly website that contains a wealth of information about our healthcare services.
Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
SEE OUR OPENING TIMES TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION
One Click Away
Convenience doesn’t stop there and you can now access a number of services online. Ordering a repeat prescription or sending us your comments are both just a click away. And if you’re not yet registered with us you can download the necessary forms here too.
Our team are dedicated to your continued good health and approach your care with professionalism, discretion and friendliness. You can count on a warm welcome from everyone involved here at the practice.
Care Quality Commission (CQC)