Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
At Brampton Medical Practice we are constantly looking to improve the service we offer our patients against the back drop of major changes and developments within the Health service.
We have an active Pateint Participation Group (PPG) which meets regularly at Brampton Community Centre to discuss ways we can improve our surgeries and services.
In the past we have discussed the appointment system, obtaining prescriptions and test results, as well as other matters.
A PPG can
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
- Help the practice improve their services
- Help the practice make the best use of their resources
- Improve communication
- Help to promote good health
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
A PPG is not
- A forum for complaints
- A fundrasing organisation
- A time consuming activity
Our PPG meets with the practice team quarterly to exchange information on the way the practice operates. Our current Chair-person Gillian Hodgson is very keen to attract a wide spectrum of patients as members of the PPG and would love to represent a wide range of patients from the very young to the very old.
Meetings last for an hour and minutes are taken which are available on the website. Each meeting is attended by patients, the GPs and Managers.
Getting Your View
Do I have to attend meetings to be involved? No, you can get involved by email instead as part of our virtual group.
Sign up here to receive minutes from previous meetings, give your view and participate.